About to Walk into AT&T today, Needs Tips to get best Prices.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by reminis, May 10, 2011.

1. reminis, May 10, 2011
    Last edited: May 10, 2011

reminis macrumors member

I am on T-mobile and I am kinda fed up how I get almost NO signal in my household. When I leave my house its perfect but in my house I miss countless calls/texts. Also since I got Tmobile I don't have 3G for my 3gs. I just got another 3GS lastnight, 3.4.4 Ver with 5.16.02 Firmware and want to go into AT&T see what they can offer as a plan for me.

I am not looking sign a contract at all(waiting on IP5), I currently pay $100 total for Tmobile, unlimited everything. If I can get same for AT&T for around $120 I will make the switch.

Any tips/tricks I should know before I walk in to try get the BEST deal possible. Am willing to paypal someone $10.00 if they give me Information through PM that can't be said publicly and works to save me money.

Thanks!

Edit* Is there a difference which Store I go to?

2. iStudentUK macrumors 65816

iStudentUK

Compare other deals. Find a good one and ask them to match/beat it.

Be nice! Smile, joke and be friendly!

Bring some bikini clad ladies.

Unfortunately, it is often easier to get a good deal when your contract is up than switching to a new company. However, it is always worth a shot.

3. dickdaney macrumors regular

Check with ATT to see if you can get any discounts based on the company you work for. You may need to show a company badge or pay stub.

4. reminis thread starter macrumors member

Doubt it, Im pretty much self employed. I get contracted by clubs as a subcontractor kinda. Im a DJ/sound engineer

5. sectime macrumors 6502a

Best deals are usually online. If you don't want a contract then what are you expecting??

6. reminis thread starter macrumors member

I dont have a contract right now with t-mobile

7. elan123 macrumors 6502

that doesn't mean anything...

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Go with prepaid then.
    You won't get a subsidy if you don't sign a contract.

9. shelbymayer macrumors regular

go to a COR store (on AT&T's website they are just listed as AT&T without authorized retailer next to it)

They are the only ones who can set you up with service WITHOUT a contract. MAKE SURE YOU TELL THEM UP FRONT YOU WANT IT WITHOUT CONTRACT!!!!!

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

COR stores only sell you an iPhone without contract only when you have service with AT&T already. This "without contract" device just doesn't extend your current contract with AT&T. If you want a phone without contract, you have to go to Apple.

11. AlvinNguyen macrumors 6502a

$90 after tax (with 15% discount through my University)

-Unlimited Mobile to ANY Mobile (free with unlimited text plan)
    -Unlimited Texts ($20)
    -Unlimted Data ($30)
    -450 anytime ($40) -just to call landlines basically because Mobile to any Mobile is free.
    -5000 nights and weekends - again, just for landlines.

Basically it's unlimited everything if you don't call land lines. I got this plan at the end of Feb.

12. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

Problem is, sounds like the OP doesn't want a contract til iPhone 5. I'd suggest sticking with tmo for now or go prepaid.

13. California King macrumors 65816

I'd go pre-paid and consider switching to a contract once you get the iPhone 5. They have a unlimited everything (except data) for $75. With that plan, you get 200MB of data. You can purchase additional data for $25, which will give you 500MB more. They also have other plans if unlimited isn't what you need. The data speeds aren't quite full 3G speeds (more like 2.5G?), but they're much faster than EDGE.

Look here for additional plans:
    http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph...le&source=ICPP0000000WEL00L&_requestid=215338

14. dickdaney macrumors regular

You already have an iphone 3gs right, and you want to get AT&T service? All you have to do is walk into an official AT&T store (not authorized retailer) and sign up for service. You won't have to sign up for a contract since you're not trying to buy a subsidized phone.

15. NikeTalk macrumors 6502a

16. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

I'm pretty sure you still have the sign up for a contract if you want service unless he is going to go prepaid.

17. EvilEvil macrumors 6502a

EvilEvil

Fair warning, your service won't get any better if you switch to AT&T ;)

18. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

you realize m2m is at&t to at&t, not ANY cell phone.

19. sectime macrumors 6502a

That is incorrect. The plan is "any mobile regardless of carrier".
    You can verify on AT&T website

20. iFiend macrumors 65816

Fail.

21. shelbymayer macrumors regular

reread his original post

he already has an iphone 3GS on Tmobile...he just wants to set up service with AT&T and use his existing iphone...so yes he needs to go to a cor store to setup new service on his EXISTING iphone without a contract

22. shelbymayer macrumors regular

you CAN signup for service at a COR store without contract if you already have a phone

they don't advertise this as it doesn't make them very much money and no commission for the rep...but it is VERY possible!