Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

haoqfu

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
have you ever found it is hard to plug the usb cable into the usb port without lifting up the air? everytime i want connect my iphone to it, i have to lift it up, which is really annoying.

plus the short battery life and overheat bottom, i ended up returning it back to apple and get a macbook alu instead. what do you guys think about it?

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
Once you have used the Air for a while it gets easy to plug things in without lifting it up to look at the port. The only problems I have are related to USB devices that are too fat to physically fit under the edge of the Air.

Regardless, hopefully you will like the MB better.

haoqfu

Cancelled
Original poster
Aug 29, 2006
Once you have used the Air for a while it gets easy to plug things in without lifting it up to look at the port. The only problems I have are related to USB devices that are too fat to physically fit under the edge of the Air.

Regardless, hopefully you will like the MB better.

thanks. btw, how is your battery life? for regular web browsing via wifi while listening to musics, it only gave me 3hrs on top. and it took me 3.5 - 4 hrs to full charge it, which is really ridiculous.

however, i do like the screen a lot, much better than macbook alu.

Mactagonist

macrumors 65816
Feb 5, 2008
NYC - Manhattan
Both the Rev A and my current Rev B are good for about 4 hours wifi surfing with music or sometimes light downloading going on in the background.

When using a 3g USB WWAN card it drops down to about 3 hours.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
which usb 3g stick that nicely fit into the air? i have the huawei e220 and it's physical is not attractive and look sucks.

justit

macrumors 6502a
Dec 1, 2007
which usb 3g stick that nicely fit into the air? i have the huawei e220 and it's physical is not attractive and look sucks.

Sierra 595U is a charm

Attachments

• open_hand.jpg
    open_hand.jpg
    4.5 KB · Views: 327

Cynicalone

macrumors 68040
Jul 9, 2008
Okie land
I'm still using my AT&T USB 881B with my Air. It works well but is kinda bulky hanging off the side of the Air.

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 214
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.