Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
Hi everyone, i've read almost every post around here about SSD's and i still can't decide which one to buy. I own a mid-2010 MBP, and everybody recommend Crucial M4 or Samsung 830 altough my machine has SATA II. Well, a few days ago i received a 100€ gift-card from a store of my country (Spain), so i decided to waste it on a SSD. The problem is that in that store they only sell OCZ Vertex 4 SSDs. The Vertex 4 will cost me 159€, while in other stores the Crucial M4 cost 215€ and the Samsung 830 230€ (all in the 256gb version).

Is the Vertex 4 a good option, or should i go with one of the populars and much more expensive ssd (Crucial or Samsung) ??

Thanks in advance for your advices and sorry for my english.

Best regards.

mfuchs88

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2011
The Vertex 4 is a solid SSD.

That's exactly how they named SSDs in the first place!

But on a serious note, it's a great drive and they have a 5 year warranty with it, so you now it's good for at least 5 years, or else you can get it replaced.

A7ibaba

macrumors 6502
Apr 19, 2012
Sweden
I really think that answer is obvious.
Your favorite store gives you a gift card in value of 100$,and you only want to buy SSD which leads to fact they only have Vertex 4 with 5 year warranty.
Buy it and shut up :)
Did u really think that answer will be otherwise ?!:confused:

ciberkarlos

macrumors member
Original poster
Aug 8, 2011
I really think that answer is obvious.
Your favorite store gives you a gift card in value of 100$,and you only want to buy SSD which leads to fact they only have Vertex 4 with 5 year warranty.
Buy it and shut up :)
Did u really think that answer will be otherwise ?!:confused:

Haha, i think you all are right. I'm not an SSD expert and i don't care about benchmarks speeds, software tests, etc., i just want my MBP to be faster and freezes-&-beachballs free while i'm working (don't play games on it). Moreover, i didn't knew about the 5 years guarantee, so i think i will go with the Vertex 4 (and shut up:)) if it's as reliable as you say.

Thank you!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.