Absinthe 2.0.2 crashing during jailbreak; Windows 7 64-bit

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wildonrio, May 27, 2012.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

Using 64GB white Verizon 4S. Here's what I did:

1. Backed up in iTunes.
    2. Extracted Absinthe 2.0.2 as administrator.
    3. Ran newly created exe as an administrator as well.
    4. Waited for jailbreak.

Absinthe crashes before the jailbreak starts and Windows shuts it down. I've googled plenty without success.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

3. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, I've tried two so far, both Windows machines. (Don't have a Mac.) Same crash.

4. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

5. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Yeah my absinthe 2.0.2 doest work on my Mac 10.7.4 my 4S does t do anything doesn't say it's restoring then I'll open messages it'll reboot bit no cydia then absinthe says lockdown error any solution?

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Try a restore, try using another computer, update iTunes, use a new USB wire. Just troubleshoot and change every single thing that could be conflicting.

7. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Tried it on a different on my Macbook Pro,My iMac even my old g5 Ive restored it multiple times nothing.Absinthe says iPhone should look like its restoring but it never does and it never reboots no matter what USB I use its weird

8. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You restored the phone?
    Setup as new, then try to jb and then restore your backup if you want.

9. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Yup thats exactly what I did 6 times exactly its not working on any of the 4 4S's in my house

10. TriJetHero macrumors 601

TriJetHero

11. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

yes using 2.0.2 not one of these versions worked at all and the IRC url for chronic dev doesnt work this sucks.My iPhone doesnt look like its restoring like absinthe says it should,absinthe shows that for 2 seconds and then says waiting for reboot which never happens

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Very weird.
    It works for millions of others but for none of your idevices.

13. pltvu macrumors newbie

I had same problems. Then I setup as "NEW" iphone (Backup first then GENERAL-RESET-Erase All Content and Setting). In new iphone setting, i do not set icloud or computer sync: worked!

14. bradl macrumors 68040

bradl

I think everyone here is missing the important part. The OP is using an iPhone 4S, which the latest 5.1.1 version is 9B206. The 9B208 release is only for the GSM version of the iPhone 4, which is what Absinthe 2.0.2 is supposed to work with. I don't believe Absinthe 2.0.2 was tested for the 4S or the 9B206 build.

Here's what I would suggest.

Update to 9B206, if you haven't done so already. If so, you may want to restore to it, or update to it again (Alt+Update, and select the .ipsw file; grab it from iClarified or Redmonpie), then grab Absinthe 2.0.1, and use that to jailbreak your 4S.

In short, Absinthe 2.0.2 is for the GSM iPhone 4, not the 4S.

BL.

15. kodeman53 macrumors 65816

In short, you're wrong. 2.02 supports 9B208, it's not just for 208.

16. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Ive been trying to jailbreak it since the jailbreak came out nothing works whatsoever followed all the instructions it refuses to work,Ive jailbroken devices many times even absinthe 5.0.1worked but the 5.1.1 untether refuses to work my iPhone doesnt do the restore like 5.0.1 did and it doesnt reboot

17. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

That's false.
    The Absinthe 2.0.2 version has been updated to also work on the new i4 5.1.1 built but still jailbreaks and works fine for the 4S, 3GS, ipad 3 etc.....

18. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Yeah I restored the Ipsw I give up.used ifunbox there's a jailbreak folder but it doesn't initialize I can't figure out the commands to initiate the jailbreak using the CLI.First time I couldn't get it must be my macs

19. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Find a windows computer.

20. DerekRod, May 27, 2012
    Last edited: May 27, 2012

DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Yeah dug out my old HP laptop as much as I hate using it im gonna boot up win 7 see if it does it if not ill boot up Ubuntu and do it that way lets see if it works

Edit:It did it sooo happy now how do I restore it back to my settings?

21. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Congrats.
    Just plug it in to your mac that has your backup and restore from backup and sync all your stuff back from your itunes library.

22. DerekRod macrumors 6502a

DerekRod

Thanks for the help juiced i owe you guys :apple:

23. nizmoz macrumors 65816

My pc is also not working. The app crashes when it is jail breaking my 3GS. :(. Haven't tried my AIR yet.

24. lokster macrumors 6502

lokster

works fine for me,

jailbroke my iphone 4 and my girlfriends 4s, scary how quickly it was done, both jailbroken in less than 5 minutes after restoring both to 5.1.1

25. wm2k5 macrumors newbie

I was jailbreaking a brand new Touch (like, 15 minutes old) that had zero files saved on it that would've needed backing up. Absinthe froze, then Windoze 7 (64bit) committed suicide with a black screen that wouldn't budge. Had to reboot it after disconnecting the iPod (with the screen still white, making me think the JB had failed).

Long story short, the iPod rebooted OK, and I thought I'd test a compatibility hack, setting Absinthe to run in XP (SP3) compatibility mode and run in admin mode. I then ran it, plugged in the iPod, and lo and behold, Absinthe reported that it was already jailbroken!

That made me suspect that it wasn't an iPod issue, but rather a Windoze issue that might have been from having no files to back up, which could've thrown an unexpected error that the Absinthe writers forgot to provide for in the code.

Notably, Windoze explorer also committed suicide after a reboot, forcing a second reboot before the thing would work at all, again pointing to a M$ issue that lingers after reboot.

If that helps the guys who wrote this brilliant little hack, then I'm very happy! :)