Absinthe broke my music app

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by wildonrio, Jan 21, 2012.

1. wildonrio macrumors 6502

My music won't play ever since I jailbroke with Absinthe. Any solutions?

2. lulla01 macrumors 68020

lulla01

mins

Mine plays most songs, some come up with incorrect titles, etc. Now I think the best solution is to delete/resync library it seems when i deleted my icloud songs which couldnt play, i redownloaded them and they work perfectly.

Ill update on my findings when i resync.

3. pukrnukr macrumors member

I was having some problems before but, since I jailbroke my 4s I was getting a lot more problems with the music app. I'm using iTunes match and deleted all my music on the phone from within settings and have redownloaded a few playlists and everything seems to be working good now.

4. iPhone1 macrumors 65816

iPhone1

Reboot the phone before you do anything.

5. Dwalls90 macrumors 601

Dwalls90

Honestly, the music/ipod app has been glitchy for me IN GENERAL since iOS 5. And don't get me started on iCloud! For the most part it's good, but the reliability that was in the iOS 4 music app never caused problems.

That said, I'm running mine jailbroken. I turned off match in music settings, deleted all music from my phone, closed all apps, did a hard reset, and when it came back on turned on match again and everything worked fine.

6. Breezygirl macrumors 6502

Breezygirl

I agree that the problem is with IOS 5, I had to do this when I got my 4S and used a backup from my 4 months ago. So it's not a new problem.

7. snowwhite007 macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

My paid songs from itunes didnt play rest did, deleted all and synced all good now

8. JayHD macrumors member

Same for me; delete and re-sync or copy tracks back to phone

9. wildonrio thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks everyone! Delete and resync, although annoying, was the solution.