Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
So i've tried a few times now to jailbreak my AT&T 4S iPhone on a Windows 7 PC. Each time Absithe gets stuck at "Begining jailbreak, this may take awhile" and doesn't seem like it'll move past it.

I've left my phone for around 30-45 minutes with no luck. I have also tried to unblock the program and run as admin and under XP service pack 3 compatiblility. Any other thoughts or suggestions? I'd like to try and avoid a restore...

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
what size phone do you have? the jb uses the backup method, so if you have a lot of gigs...its going to take a lot of time.

Ah, thanks for the heads up! yeah I have a 32, that is pretty much full. If that disclaimer was in the instructions for the JB, I missed it! Thanks so much! I'll just let it run.

Mac.World

macrumors 68000
Jan 9, 2011
In front of uranus
I gotta ask the OP... Is there a reason you didn't use your Macbook Pro to do the jailbreak? It says in your sig you have one. Do you like to punish yourself by using Windoze?

jmcclain145

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Atlanta, GA
I gotta ask the OP... Is there a reason you didn't use your Macbook Pro to do the jailbreak? It says in your sig you have one. Do you like to punish yourself by using Windoze?

LOL, I need to update the Sig, I had to sell my MacBook a little while ago... Need to get a new one though, or I wouldn't plague myself!!!:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.