Absinthe Jailbreak failing.

/user/me

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
Hey all,

When I click on the absinthe icon on my home screen, it's just white, and gives the no server response error. The VPN trick won't work for me. When I go to turn the VPN on, it just comes up with a menu to add configuration before it loads/I can exit and crash it. Am I supposed to be adding anything specific? thanks in advance.

Last edited:

rick snagwell

macrumors 68040
Feb 12, 2011
alta loma, ca
Hey all,

When I click on the absinthe icon on my home screen, it's just white, and gives the no server response error. The VPN trick won't work for me. When I go to turn the VPN on, it just comes up with a menu to add configuration before it loads/I can exit and crash it. Am I supposed to be adding anything specific? thanks in advance.
when you turn on vpn, it should error. then crash the phone, respringing it. and cydia should appear.

quaxon

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2011
im having the same problem. I get a white screen and I try to turn vpn on all day but I just get "a configuration error occured" and no crashes. I even restored my iphone to factory settings and same thing.

nm finally worked after rejbing a few times

Last edited:

/user/me

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 28, 2011
I got it to work after starting again from a fresh copy of absinthe and a restored phone. I was able to use the vpn trick by putting my phone to sleep, not hitting the home button, and it worked.

robdam1001

macrumors 6502a
Sep 23, 2008
Make a back up through itunes FIRST. Then:

Reset entire phone though the phone itself; "Settings", "General", "Reset", "Erase all Content & Settings".

Then try the jb procedure

Then restore from your recently made backup. Worked for me on the first attempt dong it this way.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.