Absinthe Jailbreak failing.

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by /user/me, Jan 20, 2012.

1. /user/me, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 20, 2012

/user/me macrumors 6502

Hey all,

When I click on the absinthe icon on my home screen, it's just white, and gives the no server response error. The VPN trick won't work for me. When I go to turn the VPN on, it just comes up with a menu to add configuration before it loads/I can exit and crash it. Am I supposed to be adding anything specific? thanks in advance.

2. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

when you turn on vpn, it should error. then crash the phone, respringing it. and cydia should appear.

3. /user/me thread starter macrumors 6502

It's not working, but I'm doing a restore, and I'm gonna try it again. :)

4. rick snagwell macrumors 68040

rick snagwell

smart. start over from scratch. after you get a white/black screen from clicking 'jailbreak', exit and do the vpn thing.

5. quaxon, Jan 21, 2012
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2012

quaxon macrumors member

im having the same problem. I get a white screen and I try to turn vpn on all day but I just get "a configuration error occured" and no crashes. I even restored my iphone to factory settings and same thing.

nm finally worked after rejbing a few times

6. /user/me thread starter macrumors 6502

I got it to work after starting again from a fresh copy of absinthe and a restored phone. I was able to use the vpn trick by putting my phone to sleep, not hitting the home button, and it worked.

7. robdam1001 macrumors 6502a

Make a back up through itunes FIRST. Then:

Reset entire phone though the phone itself; "Settings", "General", "Reset", "Erase all Content & Settings".

Then try the jb procedure

Then restore from your recently made backup. Worked for me on the first attempt dong it this way.