Absinthe Not Detecting iPhone

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Is anyone having trouble with Absinthe not detecting your iPhone is plugged in? The jailbreak button stays greyed out and it won't let me press it. iTunes recognizes my iPhone and it charges. I've restarted several times and redownloaded and reinstalled Absinthe several times. I've tried with and without iTunes open. I'm using Mac OSX Lion/iOS 5.01 with all latest updates. If anyone else had these problems, how did you fix it?

digitard

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
Just to confirm you have the 4S, correct?

The tool isn't made for the non-A5 based iDevices.

For an iPhone 4 or 1G iPad you'd need to use the usual untether they released a few weeks ago.

GraphicsGeek

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
Just to confirm you have the 4S, correct?

The tool isn't made for the non-A5 based iDevices.

For an iPhone 4 or 1G iPad you'd need to use the usual untether they released a few weeks ago.

Sorry, yes I have the 4S 64GB.

andrewndy

macrumors newbie
Nov 1, 2011
I had this problem. What I had done was extracted the files onto my desktop and then I dragged absinthe into the folder that came with it. This seemed to prevent it recognising mine so I created a new folder, extracted the files into that and left absinthe and it's folder separate and that solved it. Hope it helps

ISO:HELP

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2006
I am also having this same issue..

Absinthe wont recognize my iphone 4s...

Has there been any idea or resolution to this problem?

kryptonkid07

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
Houston, TX
figured it out! well, at least in my case.

so, after doing random searches, I found out that a lot of people were having some sort of problem restoring their phones as I was, apart from the jailbreaking problem. (A problem I was temporarily solving running Black Ra1n when I had to do a restore)

Apparently, it has to do with an app I got off Cydia when I had my previous iPhone 4 jailbroken. The app is "Wi-Fi Sync". You need to completely uninstall it and after I did that and restarted my computer, it worked!

I am not in the process of jailbreaking!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.