Absinthe or redsn0w?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Nrwrit3r, Jul 26, 2012.

1. Nrwrit3r macrumors 6502a

Which one is better for JBing the ipad 3? I used redsn0w but wasn't sure if Absinthe is better. Google is showing me pluses/minuses for both?

2. gngan macrumors 68000

gngan

Does it really matter? If it works then it's good. Get over it and just use the darn thing.

3. miss.manson macrumors 6502a

miss.manson

I've had issues with absinthe. I'd go with redsnow

4. ahollywoodcraig macrumors member

I too could not get Absinthe to work no matter what version I used on my iPad 2 and iPhone 4. In both cases Redsn0w worked like a charm. Just my two cents :)

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I like redsnow but they both accomplish the same.
    Its up to you.
    Pepsi or coke?:D

6. labman macrumors 604

labman

Only thing I will add is Absinthe only does the Jailbreak where Redsn0w offers more features such as preserving the Baseband. Of Course with more features comes a little more complexity. They both use the same exploit. So it depends on your own need etc.. I'm with AJ I've always preferred Redsn0w.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. TypeMRT macrumors 6502

I've had success with Absinthe on my iPhone 4S & iPad 3. I wasn't considered with preserving the baseband. Heck, I was able to walk my mom through the jailbreak over the phone - it's that easy. I suggest going over the instructions at www.iclarified.com for more detail.

8. chokem macrumors 6502

I've also jailbroken several devices with Absinthe, never had one issue with any of them.

9. bigsexyy81 macrumors 6502a

bigsexyy81

Absinthe is the easiest computer-based jailbreaking tool I've ever used. Has worked very fast and very perfect for my 4S every time I have needed it.

10. GonzagaDynasty macrumors regular

I personally never could get Absinthe to work, and I don't know why...

11. ideal.dreams macrumors 68020

ideal.dreams

I've used both in the past and they're both good but I think Absinthe is a little easier to use. You don't have to put your phone in DFU mode or worry about getting the timing right to start the jailbreak. Just plug it in and press "Jailbreak". Wait 5 minutes and *poof*, Cydia's on your home screen.