General Absinthe sums up the current state of things

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by milbournosphere, Sep 21, 2012.

1. milbournosphere macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

Thought this might be apt as the deluge of iPhones hits the world today. The only update I would add is that there is already a tethered but complicated jailbreak for A4 and older devices out there, but it is very un-official.

http://absinthejailbreak.org/jailbreak-ios-6-status/

2. tehreflex macrumors 6502

Interesting.

Especially the 'needs geohot' line. Also this is not one of the dev teams sites so take this info with a grain of salt.

3. milbournosphere thread starter macrumors 6502a

milbournosphere

This is true, but Absynthe is a pretty big player, and I think their thinking is pretty rational. I, for one, will be watching to see how the jailbreak for the iPhone 4 works out.

4. ipsychedelic macrumors 6502a

ipsychedelic

Well with chpwn twit last afternoon it seems things look nice for the iPhone 5.
    Since I'm skipping the iPhone5/iPad4 altogether, I expect to be running iOS6 on my A5* devices pretty soon.

The nice thing is that with every new iteration of iOS new things get added and the need for jailbreak lowers (e.g Photo attachments on mail app!!!), of course, I don't know if I could live without my iFile/Activator/Springtomize at the very least.

5. Sedrick macrumors 68030

Sedrick

Kind of a sad state of affairs considering iPhone 4 users are the least likely to even want iOS 6.

6. sagar4995 macrumors 6502a

sagar4995

im on i4, 5.1.1 & not upgrading to 6 until the maps gets some fixing and a untethered jb is out.