Absolute best sleeve for 13" Macbook Pro

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by 1nteresting, Apr 1, 2011.

1. 1nteresting macrumors member

1nteresting

Hello folks! I need your expert advice today. xD I want to find out what is the absolute best (for under $50) 13" Macbook Pro 2011 sleeve. If you have a favourite sleeve, let me know about it!

2. pricej636 macrumors 6502

I ordered the Vyper Rush M and was so impressed with the case I ended up ordering a Vyper M3 GTR "sleeve" for in my backpack. Absolutely the best cases out there in my opinion. The Vyper M3 probably offers a little better protection, but I liked the style of the GTR sleeve better.

3. mtkagan macrumors member

i second the booq viper gtr. I was going to get the regular m3 but the twill pattern is nice and adds some style to the sleeve, not that the m3 is ugly or anything. cant go wrong with either one. its a little on the thick side, but i know i could drop it down the stairs and my mbp would be just fine.

4. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

Just ordered my 13" MBP a couple days ago, should be here tomorrow! I ordered the booq Vyper XS3 sleeve, we'll see how it works out!

5. adnoh macrumors 6502a

adnoh

6. AuroraProject macrumors 65816

AuroraProject

Another vote for Booq, well made quality products.

7. 1nteresting thread starter macrumors member

1nteresting

;D Congrats! You'll love it. I recently switched my sister over to the Mac. (and my Dad, a year ago) ... and now my Mom wants one too since her Dell's hard drive decided to die on her. So yes. It appears as though I have converted the family. XD

I guess booq is the way to go! I've actually purchased the Vyper M3 for my Dad's 15" awhile ago, (a gift) but I wanted to hear some secondary opinions (or tertiary opinions, as I guess my Dad would be the secondary opinion...) as I hadn't used it personally. I wanted to buy my sister a sleeve for her new 13" which is in the post, but I feel a little bit left out here since I just bought the cheapest I found at a local closing Circuit City store 2 years ago for myself! Probably time to upgrade.

mtkagan, the booq sleeves seem very nice and rugged, but I don't think I could stomach the thought of my macbook pro falling down the stairs! I wouldn't risk it, haha. As I look at the Vyper M3 my Dad owns... I like how the zippers actually open up all the way unlike many others. The twill pattern I may have to see in person. I love the color gray, and it might help to distinguish my sleeve vs. everyone's elses round the house.

Kind of a different topic, but has anyone used these messenger bags before from stash? A bit expensive, I know, but if it lasts me a very, very long time, then it would be worth it. :D I love the design of them.
    http://rhinofeed.com/messenger

8. Newbe macrumors member

Absolute best sleeve for 13" Macbook Pro

1nteresting, I doubt there is an absolute best sleeve, case or bag. Everything has a tendency to change and your own activities and life style greatly impact the pros and cons of any sleeve, case or bag (e.g., backpack vs shoulder bag etc.). I just returned my new 13" MBP to Apple and ordered a 15" MBP w/high resolution. From what I have seen the Booq's Vyper M3 meets my needs for a sleeve. Not one of my friends or family have a mac. They all use a PCs. They believe Macs are overpriced and they refused to give Steve their well earned money :). C'est la vie. However, returning to topic don't forget that the Booq sleeves are meant to be used jointly inside a case/bag for additional protection. Good luck with your new laptop.

9. matwue macrumors member

10. pricej636 macrumors 6502

Looks girly to me, but to each their own :)

11. 1nteresting thread starter macrumors member

1nteresting

Hmm. I guess it's something you just gotta see in person. Maybe it does look girly. I think the clasps on the bags kinda make it look not as professional. Oh well.

12. yahoohoo macrumors newbie

Another vote for La Robe!!!

13. ThaDoggg macrumors 6502a

ThaDoggg

Booq is good but if you require good protection and maybe some pockets as well check out Marware.

14. kdoug macrumors 6502a

kdoug

I prefer the Zagora MacBook Sleeve available from Colcasac. It's all natural with no zippers and makes removing the MBP a breeze. They're great for around the house when you want minimal retrieval effort and great protection.

Attached Files: