ABSOLUTE best time to buy a MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tocyk, Apr 26, 2008.

1. tocyk macrumors member

So I've been waiting until the last minute to buy a MacBook so I could go to college in Sept. with the best update.

I read that the MacBooks are rumored to be getting a new update in June, so I think that's as good of a time as ever to buy one (assuming they don't have another update from then til Sept.)

However, my friend was telling me how Apple has actually had sales where if you buy a MacBook, you get a free iPod or even a printer?

Are these just random deals or should I wait even past June to get my MacBook?

Since I am iPodless (I don't have a printer yet either..), I definitely would not mind getting one, and after waiting this long to buy a MacBook, I can wait longer. And since iPods are also rumored to be given updates, would they be giving these fully updated iPod Touches? Or would it be more like the most recent Nanos?

Thanks a lot for taking your time to read and I appreciate any input!

2. nick9191 macrumors 68040

Not sure which country your in so I don't know when the free deals are. However I'm in the UK, and the free printer deal is running now if you see here http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/ukstore

The free iPod deal is for students only, so you would have to buy it through the education store (also using your student discount, oh by the way did you know you can get a student discount) And the free iPod deal is usually the baseline iPod Nano.

3. illidian macrumors 6502

The iPod deal, as I understand it, is $150 off an iPod (free iPod nano, or you can apply it to a different iPod).

Apple gives a $100 rebate for a printer and sells one for $99.95. This deal has been going on for awhile and is expected to be continuing for quite some time.

The Macbooks may not be updated in June, but the "best" time for you to buy will be once they are released, unless they are released after the student discount offer.

4. tocyk thread starter macrumors member

Awesome, sounds good. Is the $150.00 off iPod discount always going on for students? Or is it at a certain time? Or is this something that I should call my respective Apple store myself because it isn't universal?

I am a US resident by the way.

So hypothetically speaking, would I actually be able to get a MacBook, iPod, and printer, all with the discounts? Because that would be sweet.

5. illidian macrumors 6502

The iPod deal is only over the summer. You should be able to find it on Apple's Store for Education website, but I'm not completely sure on that. And I'd bet that you'll see several posters here talking about it as well.

The deal usually runs from June to September ish, I'm not completely sure on this myself.

And yes, you could get all that with the discounts.