Absolute Best Webcam for Mac

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Michael73, Aug 19, 2010.

1. Michael73 macrumors 65816

I need a webcam and I'm looking for the best quality one I can find. I'll be using it for video conferencing and it'll be sitting atop my 30" ACD.

If I use a white board during a meeting or presentation, I'd like the cam to have sufficient zoom to be able to zoom in on what I'm writing about 8'-10' feet away. My lighting is generally very good. It must also have a good audio pick up as I might be talking while I'm writing at the white board. It would be great if the webcam also had a high quality camera to take a picture of what's being written as well.

Any suggestions?

BTW, is anything like this available in stores (my guess is I wouldn't find something like this at Best Buy)? I just hate the idea of the mail order return process if it isn't something that works.

2. nepfotos macrumors member

nepfotos

I bought the Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro for Mac and I am very happy with the quality. It offers fluid 720p videos in widescreen, autofocus with Carl Zeiss optics and an integrated premium microphone.

Peter

3. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

Yeah, I think Logitech is a good brand to go with first, and then one of their models.

4. Michael73 thread starter macrumors 65816

Does anyone know about the blue microphone's eyeball 2.0?

Also, is anyone aware of an motorized units that can pan and zoom using a remote?