Absolute Nightmare!

drober30

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 5, 2007
Woke up at 3:00am and pre-ordered.

iPhone deliver date Nov 3rd...all is good

So I thought...

Apple doubled my order somehow and charged me for an additional $400 in accessories for both orders. My checking account got debited for $800

Spent the day trying to call Apple just to go through all the prompts to be told by automated system they were to busy to take my call then disconnected me.

Just received email that my phone order has been canceled. This is just not worth the frustration!

So pissed off, I'm sure I will spend countless hours trying to straighten this out and it will be difficult/impossible for someone to reinstate my Nov 3rd delivery date.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016

So I thought...

Apple doubled my order somehow and charged me for an additional $400 in accessories for both orders. My checking account got debited for $800

Spent the day trying to call Apple just to go through all the prompts to be told by automated system they were to busy to take my call then disconnected me.

Just received email that my phone order has been canceled. This is just not worth the frustration!

So pissed off, I'm sure I will spend countless hours trying to straighten this out and it will be difficult/impossible for someone to reinstate my Nov 3rd delivery date.
That would be an unfortunate situation. Fortunately they will refund the amount they charged you for. I called Apple the day after the iPhone 7 pre-orders last year, and was on weight for almost 35 minutes to get a hold of someone. I understand completely.

Kahsheh

macrumors regular
Sep 14, 2016

So I thought...

did they say why it was canceled?

Jett0516

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2010
Just cancel everything and camp out at the apple store Nov 3. Nightmare solved.

KhunJay

macrumors 6502
Sep 16, 2013
Just cancel everything and camp out at the apple store Nov 3. Nightmare solved.

or maybe just display normal human behaviour....wait till a few people start using them and see if this is a good release...then saunter down anywhere and pick up at leisure. No one will notice if you don't have the X on day one.