Absolutely annoying bug running Vista on Unibody Macbook Pro...

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by MVApple, Dec 12, 2008.

1. MVApple macrumors 6502a

I am of course running Vista using bootcamp. Whenever I type something all of a sudden out of the blue my position in typing will jump to some random point. Sometimes text gets highlighted I think, and it gets deleted with the new text I typed.

Imagine, you're typing and all of a sudden an entire paragraph gets deleted and you're typing a paragraph above from where you were. Of course control z is a lifesaver but its nearly impossible to work on any typing like this under windows.

It does not happen during bootcamp or in OS X. Anyone else experiencing this? I'm in windows right now and it has happened four times from just typing out this post.

2. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

It sounds like your wrist is hitting the trackpad.

I've noticed that the trackpad is more sensitive to accidental touching in Windows than in Mac OS X. I'm also using the old MBP, so I can't click without hitting the button.

If the cursor is only moving when you're typing, then it's you. If it's moving when you're just sitting there, watching it, then it's something else.