Absolutely cruel

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by roland.g, Oct 17, 2011.

1. roland.g macrumors 603

roland.g

It is just wrong for Apple to put a two finger forward/back swipe into Safari and not make it more system wide, at least for core apps, and like Full-Screen, something developers can put into their app.

I'm browsing the App Store or the iTunes store, or a number of other pieces of software like iPhoto and I want to go back, I try to two finger swipe only to realize I'm not in Safari.

In iPhoto sure you can navigate photos, but say you drill down into a roll or event and want to go back to the prior screen, a two finger swipe should do that. And definitely when browsing the iTS, Mac and iOS app stores.

2. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

3. roland.g thread starter macrumors 603

roland.g

I already have a web browser and am not interested in running a different one. And you won't get me to run apps in a browser. No thanks.

4. laudern macrumors 6502a

5. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Apple is going to implement two-finger f/b-swiping in more and more places over time, I'm sure. They've recently added the feature to the iTunes Store and iPhoto. The app store is probably next. There's also nothing to stop developers from implementing it.

6. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

I was just pointing out that Safari isn't the only application ever that has those gestures.

7. eternalife macrumors regular

This is by far my favorite feature of Lion/Safari. I'm right there with ya. I'm constantly swiping in other apps.

8. Tmelon macrumors 6502a

It is in iTunes, but it's much less fluid. In Safari it feels like you're just flipping the pages of a book.

9. tkermit macrumors 68030

tkermit

Yes, that's true. It's currently not very well implemented in iTunes

10. CodeBreaker macrumors 6502

It's also there in iPhoto and Xcode and Preview. And you can always use 3 fingers. But the problem with 3 fingers is that the directions are reversed. You can fix it with BTT though.