Absolutely ****ed (Mouse doesn't work after Bootcamp install)

Discussion in 'iMac' started by gimmeiphone, Aug 1, 2010.

1. gimmeiphone macrumors 6502

Installed bootcamp, magic mouse wouldn't work, booted into Mac, magic mouse still won't work, tried everything removed it from Bluetooth devices, still won't discover it, now I can't reinstall it without the mouse as it's just a picture of the mouse telling me to switch it on, please help me get my mouse back!!

2. newdeal macrumors 68020

3. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

Nop lol I wish it was, I'm ready to throw it out of the window now

4. tshort macrumors regular

You've encountered a chicken/egg-type of problem. You can't pair your mouse without a mouse...

Borrow a USB mouse from another computer or friend?

5. gimmeiphone thread starter macrumors 6502

Only person I know has a bluetooth mouse, rest have laptops I can't even login to an account because the mouse setup stops me, just sits their trying to connect forever...

6. meb91 macrumors member

I would get a cheap $5-$10 USB mouse for situations like this... sorry I can't be of more help than that

7. tommyav macrumors newbie

i had the same problem when installing bootcamp. just used the keyboard to navigate through menus to install mouse drivers off disk and then nothing!!!!! i know this might be a long shot but have to tried just clicking the mouse!!! i was moving it around and it needed to switch on by pressing it! worth a mention.

8. arcade99 macrumors member

The same here. I had to click the Mouse once to activate it.

9. CBAviator macrumors 6502

I always keep a USB mouse around for things like this. Even when replacing the batteries in my magic mouse, there have been times that it hasn't paired without a restart of the computer...usb mouse comes in real handy!