Absolutely horrid battery life, please help!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Natakazam, Apr 16, 2014.

1. Natakazam macrumors newbie

Hello all. I apologize if this is stupid. I have an iPhone 4S that I have had little problems with until recently.
    The battery life suddenly got very, very, terrible. My phone never ever makes it to less than 20%. It always dies before then. Sometimes as high as 45%. Sometimes I can turn it back on, but it will have significantly less battery, and sometimes I can't. THIS is my biggest issue. I want to know how to fix this the most. It's the worst because I never know when my phone will die and it's infuriating.
    It randomly drops multiple percentages. IE from 90 to 85 percent without going to 89 first, etc.
    I keep brightness down, mail push rare, other small things to conserve battery, and even in do not disturb I can not touch my phone for an hour and it's down 10+ percent.
    I unplug it from a full charge and it will go from 100 to 98 or less immediately.
    Once, it went from 60 to 19% and shut off immediately.

For standby and use age time reference- today it went from 98 to 74 in 30 minutes usage and 50 mins standby.

I'm very very tired of this! I don't want to purchase a new battery for it because my upgrade is in a reasonable amount of time. What's wrong with my phone and what can I do? This is unbelievably frustrating!

2. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Try a hard reset - hold the home and power buttons together until the phone restarts. See if it behaves any better after that.

If not, try a restore, and do not restore from a backup. If it still doesn't improve, take it to Apple and have them perform battery diagnostics.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

You pretty much described a failing lithium ion battery. Unfortunately, the solution is to replace your battery.