Absolutely no AIM clients work on my MacBook

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by XxCH3AT3RxX, Aug 17, 2009.

1. XxCH3AT3RxX macrumors regular

I was using my iPod Touch and had the app IM+ running talking to some people. After I was done I signed off and got on the MacBook and tried signing on Adium and it wouldn't sign on. It would just site there and the spinning black square wasn't spinning. I tried signing on the official AIM client and it didn't work as well. I then tried iChat and that didn't work. I thought it might just be this screen name, so I tried other screen names and had no luck. However, I can go onto websites like meebo and imo.im and sign in just fine.

I was curious if anyone might know what is going on? I have waited 2 hours since it initially started, but it is still doing it. I was wondering if someone in Leopard might be blocking it now?

I know some people don't like AIM, but I need it for certain things. :p

Edit: I forgot to say that I have rebooted and powered off my MacBook already. I also reset my router. I would also like to add that 50% of web pages do not load. When the other 50% of pages do load 75% of those only display text and images, nothing else. I think something is really messed up here.

Edit 2: Do you need Leopard to install Snow Leopard? If not I'll just install Tiger back on my BlackBook and wait for Snow Leopard.

2. donuttakedonuts macrumors regular

Yes. The SL upgrade disc costs $30 for an update from 10.5, but you have to buy the $130 Mac Box Set, which includes iWork and iLife, to upgrade from Tiger or earlier.

3. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

Okay, thanks. I assumed so.

Anyways, it seems that I have found the problem. I connected to a different wifi point that was open and everything worked fine. I then connected to a different open wifi point and it didn't work, much like mine. It actually appears it might be my ISP.

4. macfanboy macrumors 6502a

hes not talkin about price. he means will you need leopard installed to be able to install snow leopard. the answer is no (im 99% sure, because reports have shown there is an option for erase and install)

but if you were walking about the $30 price, then the answer is yes

5. XxCH3AT3RxX thread starter macrumors regular

Well I was thinking about going back to Tiger if I couldn't get this solved and because I have a lot of useless stuff installed right now I cannot uninstall. I already have a copy of Snow Leopard coming, so I didn't want to go to Tiger then find out I needed Leopard first. I do not have my Leopard disc anymore.