ac adapter acting funky

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by excalibur313, Oct 7, 2007.

1. excalibur313 macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

I have a macbook pro and recently I noticed that the ac adapter stopped lighting up and it stopped charging. I thought it might be the outlet so I brought it to one that I knew worked and it still wouldn't charge. I assumed that maybe the adapter was broken, but then all of a sudden it started working again. Has this happened to anyone and should I bring it in to get it fixed, or is there something else that could have caused it?

EDIT: It seems like it will only charge when turned on in clambook mode...weird!

2. scaredpoet macrumors 604

scaredpoet

To be ont he safe side, I would bring it in and get it fixed.

What is the condition of the cable and connectors? Is anything frayed, peeling or cracking?

3. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

definitely get it checked soon, they like to catch on fire:eek:

ok so only a few cases have been reported, but you wouldn't want to risk it

4. dap1215 macrumors regular

Mine was acting weird one day too.. The light was coming on and going off, and it was charging then stopping.. I switch outlets and now its fine. But now that I know they catch on fire I have been watching it closely.

5. polycat33 macrumors 6502

If you have apple care you can give them a call and have them ship a replacement with a label to return the broken one.

6. excalibur313 thread starter macrumors 6502a

excalibur313

Hey everyone, thanks for the help. After further investigation, I think that the end near the connector is coming a part a little bit so it is short circuiting sometimes. I will definitely fix this soon though so I don't have a small fire on my hands though.