AC Adapter/Cords

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by banana234, Mar 28, 2006.

  1. banana234 macrumors newbie

    Mar 28, 2006
    Ok, this is a pretty dumb question, but I want to know the answer because its bugging me. I have a powerbook g4 12". It came with the AC Adapter that is a box, and it plugs into the computer and then again into the outlet. It also came with this other cord that is a three pronged plug and it plugs into the outlet and where else??? the other end of it is something that I can't figure out how i am supsed to use it. Thanks for the help!
  2. calebjohnston macrumors 68000


    Jan 24, 2006
    That's an extension cord. Look at the white box that plugs into the wall. The two prongs on it can be pulled off (you can see the section that can be pulled upwards off the big box) and then you can attach that other cord.

    Extension Power Strip. :)
  3. SmurfBoxMasta macrumors 65816


    Nov 24, 2005
    I'm only really here at night.
    That other cord sounds like a regular AC power cord, NOT an adapter of any sorts, and AFAIK, laptops do NOT use these, since they need a power converter to change the 110 volt power to whatever voltage it needs to charge the battery with......

    Try this: take the end that normally goes into the wall plug, and see if it will fit into the connector on the other end. If this works, it is just an ordinary 110v AC cord.......

    if not, please post a pic of each end so we can see what you're talking about :)
  4. alexstein macrumors 6502a


    Aug 23, 2004
    calebjohnston is right it's just an extions cord pull the two prong out of the powerbrick and insert the extension cord.
  5. calebjohnston macrumors 68000


    Jan 24, 2006
    Yeaaaah, I know what I'm talking about. Thanks. =)

Share This Page