AC Adapters?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Ir0nSlug, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Ir0nSlug macrumors newbie

Ello I just got my first macbook, but It needs a power cord, and I've found a cheap one

http://www.buy.com/prod/85w-ac-powe...ok-pro-magsafe-a1172/q/loc/101/211556697.html

But I'm not so sure it will fit my macbook I've been told macbook pro power cords work for the macbook just fine. If thats true can a 15'' macbook pro one fit a macbook 13'' no problem?

thanks for the help! :p

(btw I was wondering if you could go pass the max supported ram of 2gb some how and used 4gb)

my macbook specs
    http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/macbook/stats/macbook_2.0_white.html

2. belvdr macrumors 603

The Macbook and MBP 13" require only the 60W adapter. Using an 85W adapter will cause no harm.

3. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

It will work.

No.

Also have a look at the following links, as the information presented there might be helpful in your future endeavours into Mac OS X and could clear up initial confusion and may even prevent harm to your system or your files.Mac OS X Basics
    Switch 101 - guide with articles made by Apple on how to accustom yourself, after you switched to Mac OS X from Windows​

Mac 101 - How to get started with Mac OS X​

Find out how - tutorial videos made by Apple on how to do certain thing in Mac OS X​

Pro tips - tips made available by Apple for easier ways of doing certain tasks​

Mac OS X Keyboard Shortcuts - Learn about common Mac OS X keyboard shortcuts.​

Mac OS X Beginner's Guide by MacRumors - learn about software, media players, shortcuts and some useful tips, tricks and hints​

Mac Guides - tutorials, product guides and more​

MRoogle - a very effective tool to search these fora using Google and made available by edesignuk, introductory threads: 1, 2 and 3

4. Ir0nSlug thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks! so much info *-* also I seen macbooks with 4gigs of ram I was just wondering tho i think it was a core 2 duo...

5. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

But as the link you provided already told you, your MB only supports 2GB RAM, even if other MB models are out there.
    It was one of the first MacBook models with a Core Duo, a 32-bit CPU and the chipset obviously doesn't support more than 2GB RAM.

6. belvdr macrumors 603

The 945GM supports 4GB, but Apple restricted it.

7. spinnerlys Guest

spinnerlys

Ah, yes. I remember now. Thanks for correcting that. 2006 was a long time ago.