Ac in while sleep ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Polofiesta, Sep 16, 2011.

1. Polofiesta macrumors member

Just a quick question here :). Just wondering if it's alright to leave the magsafe power adapter in my 2011 MBP 13" i5 while the computer is in sleep mode. Will it affect the life of the battery? Or is it fine? Thank you.

2. kbfr08 macrumors 6502

kbfr08

The battery will catch fire and explode, thus destroying your macbook and home. Definitely unplug it while in sleep mode.

Just kidding ;) Of course you can leave it plugged in. When the magsafe turns green, then the laptop is no longer charging.

3. Polofiesta thread starter macrumors member

Scared me there for a sec :O.... LOL. thanks man!

4. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

This is the 3rd thread you've started on battery questions. If you read the Apple Notebook Battery FAQ that I posted in your first thread, you would have your answer. I highly recommend you read the FAQ. It will save you the trouble of asking questions that have already been answered by the FAQ.

5. matt94gt macrumors member

I dont know about the rest of the guys but mine is pulled in pretty well 24/7 about once every two weeks I fully cycle my battery. Other then that its plugged all the time.

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's a good idea to cycle it more than that. Read the Battery FAQ for details.