AC+ or case/Screen protector???

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Megan Boyce, Nov 1, 2017.

1. Megan Boyce macrumors member

Megan Boyce

hey guys, should i get AC+ or an expensive case and glass screen protector? All past devices ive done both things. However, with the iphone x it looks like the perfect time to go "naked". My question i guess is, if i get AC+ would i be fine going naked? On the flip side, some people might get protective cases and screen protector and no AC+. Which route would u go and why? :p

P.S. In the past 7 years never dropped my devices and im really careful in general.

Thanks guys!

2. jeff.noechel macrumors member

jeff.noechel

Going naked

3. Megan Boyce thread starter macrumors member

Megan Boyce

but with AppleCare+ right?
    --- Post Merged, Nov 1, 2017 ---
    bump

4. jeff.noechel macrumors member

jeff.noechel

nah. Hopefully I'll be all good. I usually get a case and just use it if I'm going mountain biking or something like that. I never end up using one otherwise. I'd just keep using my 8 plus if I was going to put it in a case. Scary in the beginning but it goes away.

5. firewire9000 macrumors 6502

6. wittyphrase macrumors regular

I’ve gone naked with my 6 for the last month or so because I’ve never done it and wanted to see what it was like to use a naked device. It had a film protector on it until May or so, but I kept the case until October.

This thing has a bunch of tiny scratches on it. No idea what’s been in my pockets. And it’s impossible to get a good grip on. It’s made me nervous about the idea of going truly naked with the X. Will probably go case and protector and I have AC+ just in case.

7. BigDO macrumors 6502a

BigDO

I won't be using a case or screen protector, and will have the phone covered under my household insurance.

Yes, the glass (front and back) will have micro and macro abrasions, but that doesn't really bother me, and it's a fair tradeoff for using the phone the way it was intended, without ugly and bulky additions getting in the way.

If I do drop it and it breaks I will have it repaired/replaced.

8. jeff.noechel macrumors member

jeff.noechel

The whole micro abrasions thing is so dumb. I had the jet black and life was ok. I think the micro abrasions will look just fine on the stainless steel trim of the silver. I like the stainless look

9. Megan Boyce thread starter macrumors member

Megan Boyce

I luv the silver model too and for the trim silver or the space grey both will be similar with regard micro abrasions on the trim. I think the space grey might be worse if the abrasions show up "white" spots on the "black-ish" frame.
    --- Post Merged, Nov 2, 2017 ---
    I think so too, cuz the case and screen protector will only protect hardware ( mainly front and backglass), but with AC+ your protected from hardware AND software issues.