acacad2c.ipt.aol.com - Where did this come from?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by arsyan, Jul 25, 2011.

1. arsyan macrumors newbie

Hi Guys,

This is really bugging me. Previously when i was on my 2010 MBA Snow Leopard, i had the same thing, everytime i start terminal, my hostname will be come acacad2c.

Now that i bought the new MBA 2011 Lion, i tought id start fresh and not have that problem anymore, it seems that even on this new MBA, on a fresh LION OS, the acacad2c still comes.

Then i tried starting my webserver under System Preferences -> Sharing -> Web Sharing

http://img703.imageshack.us/img703/3443/screenshot20110725at329.png

The same random AOL hostname came up. This is weird, i never configured anything in regards to AOL, im from Malaysia and i dont use AOL ever. I did not know what caused this. Now the welcome page for the webserver ~arsyan/ doesnt work anymore. Ping the url it come out as 172.172.173.44 which is routed in the USA ip address.

What is going on? I had gas mask installed, skype, photoshop, dropbox, xcode. Does any of these has anythign to do with this? I need to find a way to get rid of this. Help please.

2. arsyan thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Celeron macrumors 6502a

What IP address is your router assigning to you? That's where this hostnane is coming from, DHCP.

4. arsyan thread starter macrumors newbie

Im not connected to any router, im just using a dongle that has 3g connection. The thing is that i cat get rid of that hostname, i dont know where its stored. I already checked the hosts file etc. where ever, no sign of it.

I suspect is the App Gas Mask thats causing it. Anybody have similar problem running Gas Mask?