Acase Superleggera Pro: why not more love for this case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Minarets, Nov 8, 2011.

1. Minarets macrumors 6502

it seems this case is almost a commuter from otter box but at an almost too good to be true prices. colors are limited at only black, but i am kind of shocked there are not more supporters of this case.

am i missing something?

2. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I've been a Commuter user for a few years now, but have been disappointed with the one for the 4S. I still like it, but they have some quality control issues they need to get worked out.

That being said, I really just noticed the Superleggera the other day and I'm intrigued. I like the design, the fact that it still has the port covers (like the Commuter). I think you hit the nail on the head as to why it's not getting more love, though.

Colors. Obviously, the Commuter has a wide range of colors and if you get more than one, you can interchange them. If Acase would just offer these in some more colors, I think they've got a winner on their hands.

I'll probably pick one up and check it out, though. You really can't go wrong with a black case in any situation.

3. SweetLou122 macrumors regular

was this the one that had the flash cutout issue? or was it fixed with the pro?

4. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

It's a good case... I guess.

I don't know how to explain it, but for $10 I recommended it to my brother and... well, the first one was just crappy. The silicone / rubber port covers started to rip off. They actually tore, super cheap.

Got a replacement via RMA and now this one looks the same as it's predecessor but has been going strong for almost 4 months now without a hitch.

That being said.. it feels so darned cheap. Just does :\

5. hizzaah macrumors 6502

wow, interesting. The pics make it look like a cheapo version of the commuter, but the few review I read say that it's pretty good quality. If I hadn't just paid $30 for a commuter (that I actually really like), I'd pick one of these up..

6. Minarets thread starter macrumors 6502

reading reviews on amazon, many seem favorable towards the case. for $13, it cant be that bad of a risk, i guess.

i have read mixed reviews on the flash issue. some said it was bad and some said it worked fine. one poster mentioned taking a sharpie around the edge of the lip and that worked and another stated they did the same and it worked. no clue if true though.

7. Munkypoo7 macrumors 6502

Munkypoo7

I can say it works fine on my brother's iPhone 4. I refuse to let my 4S touch any silicone case though. Aluminum only! :3

Ninja edit: grammar fail fixed

8. trek360 macrumors 6502

This is an AWESOME case. I'm not sure why it doesn't get more love, but I can't say enough about it. It has a wonderful feel and is by no means cheap in appearance or texture. The fit is outstanding. I have had NO issues with the camera or flash. Not sure if a older version of the case is giving this one bad press.

It also is not bulky and is easily accessed in and out of the pocket without difficulty. The power and volume buttons are very easily accomodated and work great with the case. It has also worked without any problems with my powersupport crystal front and back. And who can beat the economical pricing. I got mine for under 15 bucks.

Biggest downside:

Won't fit in standard dock or my car charger cradle, which most cases don't fit in anyway. I have not used any third party charging cables or headphones but if they have a bigger footprint than the apple ones they probably won't fit.

I think this case provides the best of all worlds. Glad to hear I'm not alone.

9. Minarets thread starter macrumors 6502

good to hear. i am in fire protection and am on construction sights often. i am thinking this or a lifeproof...but this is waaaaaaaaaay cheaper.