Accedentely deleted file from root

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by mrjh, Nov 29, 2008.

1. mrjh macrumors newbie

Hi everyone I got a big problem. I live in Belize ant there is no help out here. I think i'm the only one on this island with one. anyway, I was using winscp to add some roms for gpsphone on my 1.1.4 firmware iPhone 2g. Some how my son hit some things and it started to delete the file called privet. I tried to hit cancel but I was too late. after I hit cancel winscp lost connection to the phone. I went in the phone to get the IP address but it was all blank so i reset network settings but it never rebooted just stayed at the apple in boot. I pluged into itunes in udf mode and restored to 2.1 firmware. after reading how to use quickpwn i unlocked and jailbreak it. but at the end it dose the same thing and stayes at the boot screen again. so i restored it again. Is there a way to get those files and add them back on the phone? or is there someone out there that could send me those files and know a program i could use to add it back in the iPhone? Please help me!!!
    Jeff (mrjharrell81@yahoo.com)

2. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

Post this in the hacker forum.. might get some help there.. good luck!

3. s1k0 macrumors newbie

s1k0

Sorry to hear that, Scary situation.
    Restore to a fresh copy of the firmware.
    Proceed to jail break if no luck post again.

4. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

just restore from the latest backup, assuming its the correct one, and you will be fine.

5. mrjh thread starter macrumors newbie

i tried that already. I downloaded the newest version of iTunes and restored to firmware 2.2 then downgraded it to 2.1 firmware on itunes 7.7. that still doesn't work. when you restore the phone on itunes dose it restore all the files too?

6. mrjh thread starter macrumors newbie

How do you restore from the backup??