Accelerometer calibration is off

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by billy12, Apr 26, 2008.

1. billy12 macrumors member

If I put the iPod touch on a level surface, the accelerometer values do not read level. For example, in iPhysics (the sandbox) and Labyrinth, objects will move toward one of the corners when the device is actually level. I have to tilt the iPod slightly in order for it to think that it is level. I have tested it using iPhysics, Labyrinth, AcceleroLog, Level, and Sensors, all with the same results.

Is my iPod defective, or does your iPod do the same?

2. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Mine seems perfect. Perhaps your level table isn't.

Other than checking with a real level, are those apps critical to your use of the Touch?

4D

3. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

4. billy12 thread starter macrumors member

If my table weren't level, the direction of error would change depending on the orientation of the iPod touch on the table; this isn't the case, as it is consistently in the same direction as I rotate the iPod on the table.

While I wouldn't describe these applications as 'critical' to my use of the iPod, they are nonetheless important to me, and these tests do indicate a possible defect in my particular unit.

Unlikely, as the same error is apparent in multiple applications, and as 4D has indicated, there are other iPod touches that do not exhibit this behaviour.

Thanks for your responses. I would still appreciate additional feedback from other users.

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

SInce it appears that your ipod is jailbroken, i believe that labrynth can recalibrate, and if that does not work, try a restore

6. i-chris macrumors newbie

This has happend to my friend's ipod touch! As with what billy12 has said.

"While I wouldn't describe these applications as 'critical' to my use of the iPod, they are nonetheless important to me, and these tests do indicate a possible defect in my particular unit."

Is there any other possible sollution to think that why this is happening? As it has now happend 2 more then one ipod touch.