Accelerometer calibration?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by iMags, Jul 14, 2008.

1. iMags macrumors newbie

[​IMG]
    That's how f***ed up my accelerometer is. It makes playing games really hard. In Cro-Mag Rally, as I'm holding the iPhone straight/in level, the car is turning left.

This is the iPhone 3G version and I have never dropped it (I've heard people having accelerometer-troubble after dropping it, but that's not the case here).
    It was like this when I got it (and it's my second 3G iPhone, b-cuz the first one had a f***ed up display :( )

Any tips, help or suggestions?

2. duckie201 macrumors newbie

Accelrometer not level

Did you ever resolve your issue? I have the white 3G model.
    After spending quite some time with Apple's phone support, they asked me to bring mine in to be replaced.
    Unfortunately, the replacement's accelerometer was also unbalanced.

Thanks.

3. juice831 macrumors member

same thing happened to me and nothing you can really do but get it replaced. Just make an appointment with a genius at a local apple store or walk right in if it's not busy and they'll replace it. If they don't have a replacement for you then they'll order it but it won't be long. (mine took a day)

4. duckie201 macrumors newbie

Hi Juice,

This past Saturday, I met with a genius and he suggested I replace the iPhone. Once I got home, I updated the firmware to 2.0.1 and installed Crash Bandicoot and found out that the accelerometer is still turning left. I tried downloading a game straight to the iphone, Spinner, and it also suffers from the same issue.

I have another appointment tonight with the apple store. I hope 3rd time is the charm.

Thanks.

5. juice831 macrumors member

that's horrible... let me know how the newest replacement works for you. mine hasn't failed me

6. blingphone macrumors newbie

Same **** here. I have the same ipint problem

7. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Well, me too but for different reasons. :D

8. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

I wonder if the genius would install an app for you, or if not you could install one in the store. I'm thinking of one of those free "bubble level" apps.