Accelerometer Delegate in different Class

Discussion in 'iOS Programming' started by man2manno, May 11, 2009.

1. man2manno macrumors member

Hey guys, still somewhat new at this so I could use a little help. I am trying to get the accelerometer to work in a class i created ("myclass"). I put the following code in my applicationDidFinishLauching method in my appDelegate:

[[UIAccelerometer sharedAccelerometer] setUpdateInterval:(1.0 / 60.0f)];
    [[UIAccelerometer sharedAccelerometer] setDelegate:self];
    NSLog(@"Accelerometer configured and started");

Then I put the following code under it:
    - (void)accelerometer:(UIAccelerometer *)accelerometer didAccelerate: (UIAcceleration *)acceleration
    {

if ([acceleration x] >=2 || [acceleration y] >=2 || [acceleration z] >=2)
    {
    NSLog(@"X=%f Y=%f Z=%f", [acceleration x], [acceleration y], [acceleration z]);
    }
    }

That all works perfectly...my question is how do I get that to work in a class that I created?

Thanks

2. BlackWolf macrumors regular

I don't even understand the question :D
    you set a delegate. the messages the Accelerometer sends are sent to that delegate. if you need to receive accelerations in a class you created, then set an instance of that class as the delegate of the accelerometer - or, much more simple, execute the exact code you posted when the instance of your class is created (in the init method)

3. dejo Moderator

dejo

Staff Member

If you have that in your application-delegate, that means you've made the application-delegate the delegate of the accelerometer. That is, self = application-delegate.