Accelerometer is unresponsive.

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Mexbearpig, Mar 15, 2009.

1. Mexbearpig macrumors 65816

Mexbearpig

so for some time now my iPhone has been acting wierd lately. What I have diagnosed is an delayed/unresponsive accelerometer. For example, when browsing in safari I hold my iPhone vertical then when I want to go into horizontal mode I hold my iPhone horizontal and and it takes maybe 20 seconds or it just doesn't respond at all and then about 2 minutes later it spazzes and by that time I don't want it horizontal. I know it isn't froze because I can still scroll up and Down. It is the same case for iPod and xplane. At first I really didn't care but now it is irritating. And I have reset it and still didn't improve. Should I take it in? Also if I do which one should I go to apple or best buy(I have the $15 coverage plan)?

2. fishmoose macrumors 68000

Take it to Apple, they will probably replace it!

3. acid macrumors newbie

acid

my freind had the same issue with his ipod touch... exept it was more like 10 seconds... so we took it back to the apple store and they gladly got him a replacement!

4. DPA macrumors 65816

DPA

As long as it's under warranty and it wasn't caused by physical damage, it will be covered and they will fix it by giving you a replacement or repairing it.

David

5. mrph0enix macrumors newbie

This is happening to me also, sometimes it works fine and sometimes it wont respond at all. I'll take it in but I'm sure it will work fine when I take it in!!