Accelerometer issues

insocal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Not sure if this is an iOS 8 issue or an iPhone 6 issue, but the iPhone doesn't seem to know when up is up, down is down, and landscape is landscape, anymore.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Another 'new' issue...when rotating the iPhone in the middle of video playback, it 'crashes' and closes out.

Thanks for chiming in, if you're having this issue. Any recommendations as to what to do/where to report, would be greatly appreciated.

balamw

Staff member
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I've been seeing this as well on my 6.

I can usually force it to switch by exaggerated movement though.

B

martinocando

macrumors regular
Jun 12, 2013
Same here on my 5s. Also double tap to zoom in tumblr does not work with some images. I have to pinch to zoom them, but if I double tap while zoomed in, then return to original size.

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Not sure if this is an iOS 8 issue or an iPhone 6 issue, but the iPhone doesn't seem to know when up is up, down is down, and landscape is landscape, anymore.
Anyone else experiencing this?

Another 'new' issue...when rotating the iPhone in the middle of video playback, it 'crashes' and closes out.

Thanks for chiming in, if you're having this issue. Any recommendations as to what to do/where to report, would be greatly appreciated.
Fixed in 8.1 I think. have you updated?

Armen

macrumors 604
Apr 30, 2013
Los Angeles
Both issues? (Video and accelerometer, or only one?).

I haven't had much chance to play with my phone since upgrading to 8.1 and setting up Apple Pay.

B
From release notes:

"Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working"
"Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play" (not sure this is the same)

insocal

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 31, 2007
Both issues? (Video and accelerometer, or only one?).

I haven't had much chance to play with my phone since upgrading to 8.1 and setting up Apple Pay.

B
Both issues.

----------

Fixed in 8.1 I think. have you updated?
Yes, updated. Still happening.

----------

From release notes:

"Fixes bugs that could cause screen rotation to stop working"
"Fixes an issue in Safari where videos would sometimes not play" (not sure this is the same)
These weren't "fixed" for me.

Xultar

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2010
I'm LOL cuz I'm on 8.1 and just now I had my 6 plus flat on my desk in vertical & I tapped 2 open safari which I last used in vertical & when safari opened the screen displayed landscape. I had to pick up the device & shake it to get it to go back vertical in safari.

...ROLLING...

elliott908

macrumors newbie
May 1, 2010
Definitely still broken for me. I can't get any app to rotate in 8.1 on my iPhone 5S. Did all the usual troubleshooting: reboot, reset, close all apps, etc.

Interestingly though the maps will still find the direction I'm driving, even if I can't rotate the map or set it to compass view.