Accelerometer issues

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by insocal, Oct 21, 2014.

1. insocal macrumors regular

Not sure if this is an iOS 8 issue or an iPhone 6 issue, but the iPhone doesn't seem to know when up is up, down is down, and landscape is landscape, anymore.
    Anyone else experiencing this?

Another 'new' issue...when rotating the iPhone in the middle of video playback, it 'crashes' and closes out.

Thanks for chiming in, if you're having this issue. Any recommendations as to what to do/where to report, would be greatly appreciated.

2. Learylvr., Oct 21, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2014

Learylvr. macrumors regular

Learylvr.

Accelerometer issues

I was having the force close every time I watched YouTube. When I turned my phone in landscape mode during video play, it would crash every single time. I hadn't tried YouTube after updating yesterday. I just launched YouTube to see if it was still a issue, it isn't for me anymore . It drove me nuts. I hope your issues get fixed . If your phone is crashing every time you watch YouTube in landscape mode, I'd make a Genius Bar appt. . I was also having the issue of my phone not knowing which way was up or down, locking upside down etc. so far phone seems much improved in that area as well. It hasn't happened since I updated.
    I'd take it in and have it looked at, if it's happening many times a day. They will probably ask you to try setting phone up as new. Let us know how it turns out .