Accept incoming connection permission?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by nanoboy, Oct 26, 2011.

1. nanoboy macrumors member

I've had this for a long time and it's starting to get annoying.

A window pops up frequently:

"Do you want the application “Keynote.app” to accept incoming network connections?"

I removed Keynote from my firewall list, and it doesn't help at all. What is wrong?

2. ArchiMark macrumors 6502

Don't use Keynote, but wonder what is purpose of Keynote wanting to use network connections, to check for program updates or ?

If to allow to check for updates, think that it would only do that periodically, such as at program startup, etc...so, when does it ask for permission?

Assume you've selected 'Allow' when asked?

Do you have any other firewall settings set that block this?

3. 3bs macrumors 603

3bs

The same thing happens to me when I use Vuze or Frostwire. Not sure how to fix it and it's very annoying! I recently bought keynote and haven't had this problem with Keynote though

4. CHAOS STEP macrumors 6502

CHAOS STEP

This is an ongoing Issue I have had with several applications in Leopard and Snow Leopard - not sure about Lion (although Apple is too lazy to correct bugs sometimes so it wouldn't surprise me if this was still a 'feature').

Basically the App / Firewall config get borked and the only way to correct this is to re-install the app - only after cleaning all traces of the app from the various libraries.

I used to get this a lot with iTunes and a couple of other (non apple) apps.

I had great time recently upgrading HDDs on 3 machines at home, when I got this problem a number of times on 2 machines.

Happy Days.