Acceptable level of backlight bleed/panel uniformity

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Tri-stan, Dec 29, 2013.

1. Tri-stan macrumors 6502

I just picked up my new 15 inch late 2013 macbook pro today and I was wondering what is the acceptable level of backlight bleed and panel uniformity unit to unit.

The most important thing for me on the mac is the screen, it has to be bang on. When I turned on the mac I just went straight past all of the initial setup, got up a black/white screen, and started hunting for any uniformity issues, colour tints ect.

Can anybody assess this screen? To me it seems slightly bright towards the upper centre in normal use. There is also a small amount of bleeding towards both bottom corners where the screen is slightly deformed, slightly darker towards the right bottom and small amounts of bleeding towards the top. I cannot see too much colour tinting issues, and apparent white seems to be ok.

If anybody can asses the screen condition comparative to other mac pros I would be very grateful?

Black Screen

[​IMG]

White Screen

[​IMG]

2. Windows&Apple macrumors regular

It looks pretty good. I can't see much of an issue except for the white dot on the black screen. But its an expensive computer and if you're not satisfied, return and exchange.