Accepting A predicted Word?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wrkactjob, Apr 25, 2008.

1. wrkactjob macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

When your typing a long word and up jumps the predicted word fully completed above the word you are spelling, how can you accept that word so you dont have to continue typing it?

Sorry am still playing!

2. Oceansized macrumors member

3. sreedy macrumors 6502a

How do you get it to NOT accept that word when you get to the end of the word then? I have had occasion where I have finished typing my word which is not in the dictionary, it has a suggestion I don't want but I need to press space to get on with my next word.......... and that accepts the word I didn't want..... this gets on my tits........ alot.

4. Oceansized macrumors member

When the suggestion comes up, press backspace once and then continue typing.

5. wrkactjob thread starter macrumors 65816

wrkactjob

A space bar! yes! it works.

If I dont want the suggestion sreedy I just keep typing the word I want to spell.

Do you have to press backspace once then some people?

6. sparkyms macrumors 65816

well if you have finished typing the word and a "predicted" word is still there, just tap the word and the prediction will disappear

7. Oceansized macrumors member

When a predicted word appears and you press backspace, it will not predict any more words until you finish that word and start typing the next.

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

touch the predicted word and it will disappear.