Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idyll

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
I have a Windows PC at work and would like to access the files stored on my Macs at home (Mac Mini, MacBook Air, etc.) as well as be able to control the screen if I need to. What would be the easiest way to do this?

idyll

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 5, 2007
Thank you, really appreciate the help. From what I saw by doing a quick search through Google it allows for Unattended Access as well. If you have experience with that aspect of it, has it been pretty reliable for you?

Is there a way for it to wake a computer from sleep if I wanted to connect to it with TeamViewer? I'm guessing not..

Nov 28, 2010
located
Thank you, really appreciate the help. From what I saw by doing a quick search through Google it allows for Unattended Access as well. If you have experience with that aspect of it, has it been pretty reliable for you?
I only used it for one day that extensively and I needed to sign every hour or two when I wanted access, but that may be due to the iPad app.

Is there a way for it to wake a computer from sleep if I wanted to connect to it with TeamViewer?
You could try: http://www.teamviewer.com/en/res/pdf/TeamViewer-Manual-Wake-on-LAN-en.pdf

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
I have a Windows PC at work and would like to access the files stored on my Macs at home (Mac Mini, MacBook Air, etc.) as well as be able to control the screen if I need to. What would be the easiest way to do this?

I'd recommend either TeamViewer or Logmein, both are free, in combination of that app, I'd use dropbox which syncs files. Logmein allows file transfers, I'm not sure about teamviewer but dropbox is a better product for that imo

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.