Access Database

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by davidjearly, Apr 28, 2009.

1. davidjearly macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Hi,

I'm having problems trying to setup something in a database I have created.

In this database, I have setup several reports to run, and I have buttons linking to them displayed on the 'switchboard' form which opens automatically when the database is launched.

However, rather than having to have a separate button for each report displayed on the form, I would like to have all the reports in a drop down menu (combo box?) so that when you select one, it opens.

Can anyone help with this?

Cheers,
    David

2. davidjearly thread starter macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Anyone? Would really appreciate some help with this if possible.

David

3. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

Hello, I assume you're using Windows to set up this Access database, as Access isn't available on the Mac.

Anyway, what you need to do is edit the switchboard form. This isn't terribly difficult - once you get into main database window, select the form, click design. Then, in the designer, add a combo box. Link its list property to the list of reports, so it'll auto-update if you add/remove any. Then, set its action to run the selected report.

4. davidjearly thread starter macrumors 68020

davidjearly

Yeah, I'm using Access 2007 on Windows XP (unfortunately).

Perhaps I should have stated, I'm a little bit of a beginner when it comes to using VB in Access, which is how I have been trying to do this.

How exactly do I link the list property to the list of reports? I can't see that option in the properties window.

Cheers,

David