Access iPhone remotely?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by noobinator, Dec 22, 2015.

1. noobinator macrumors 601

I spend many hours trying to explain to my 60 year old mom how to fix her iPhone. She lives across the country. Is there any way to access her iPhone remotely without jailbreaking? This would make both our lives so much easier.

2. dimzen macrumors member

dimzen

3. e93to macrumors 6502a

e93to

Yeah. Connecting her iPhone to Mac, and then remote accessing her computer would be an easy solution on your part. But this also introduces the issue of making sure she understands the procedure...

4. maxsix Suspended

maxsix

Get her a Burner phone.
    Then FedEx her iPhone to you.
    Easy :D

5. tsang2320 macrumors demi-god

6. noobinator thread starter macrumors 601

My mom can barely figure out how to open the settings app let alone airplaying her screen to a pc/mac and then allowing me remote access to her screen. She has her iPhone 4 and a 7 year old windows xp laptop that barely runs. I'm thinking this is a battle not worth fighting.

7. althaur macrumors member

althaur

My wife and I just had a good laugh over this. I'm in the same boat with my 65 year old mom. I found the easiest way to save my sanity was fly her across the country so I could fix it. Ok, I flew her out for Christmas. Two birds, one stone. :)

8. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Skype her. This way she can physically show you her phone screen as you go along. My other suggestion would be Teamviewer, but if your mother struggles with software, it would be better to Skype.