Access iTunes library on Bootcamp XP

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by davidg4781, Aug 30, 2007.

1. davidg4781 macrumors 68000

I was wondering if there's a way to access my iTunes library when under Bootcamp using Windows XP Home. I thought I'd be able to just connect my iPod, but the songs are greyed out when viewing them under iTunes, and this is with a Windows formatted iPod.

This isn't something necessary, since I'm only using Bootcamp for a few things, maybe games in the future once I get a new HDD (won't need music for that), but it was just something I wanted to try to solve. I know there's software out there (MacDrive??), but I'd rather not spend any money now, especially since these are the only files I need to access...and I'm hoping that feature's built into Leopard.

2. Mac-Addict macrumors 65816

Mac-Addict

I think its counted as a different computer so you wont be able to play them inside windows unless you transfer them over to your windows partition and use it as one of your 5 computers you can have iTunes music on.

3. davidg4781 thread starter macrumors 68000

Is that using the iPod or MacDrive? I can connect to my PC from my MacBook, under Windows XP, and stream the music that way, but I wanted something a bit more elegant.