Access Mac Mini desktop via ATV3 - not Itunes

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by gigaguy, Mar 17, 2015.

1. gigaguy macrumors 65816

I don't care about accessing iTunes, I want to access my living room Mac Mini computer on my bdr TV, to do email, web, files, etc. maybe via an ATV3. I thought I read of an app that will allow this?
    As my Mac Mini is hooked to my living room HDTV I have no need for an ATV media sharing. I just want to access my Mac Mini on a remote TV.
    Will ATV allow this?

2. sonicrobby macrumors 68020

sonicrobby

Yes, the Airplay feature will allow this. On the top right of your mac screen, there is a tv-like icon. Click it and select your apple tv, then the desktop screen will be mirrored to the apple tv.

3. gigaguy thread starter macrumors 65816

4. COrocket macrumors 6502

Using your normal keyboard/mouse. It just takes whatever you would normally see on the computer screen and transmits it to the TV

5. gigaguy thread starter macrumors 65816

Exactly what I want. I may give it a try. Hope Apple restocks some refurb ATVs soon.. thanks.

6. hallux macrumors 68020

hallux

7. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Plus the refurbs only $10 bucks cheaper @ $59 ...

8. bent00 macrumors newbie

I called the last time they had refurbs, and they only had the 3rd gen "early 2012" version, not the "early 2013" aka 3rd Gen, Rev A model. Apple doesn't differentiate between these two models, so you'll need to be sure which refurb you're getting if peer-to-peer airplay (Rev A only) is important to you.