Access Mobile Me Files from iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jciapara, Aug 20, 2008.

1. jciapara macrumors regular

Hi all,

I've a question, let say I have some videos uploaded in my iDisk on my Mobile Me account. I would like to somehow access these files from my iPhone. Reason is, I have my 8GB of space almost full with music and some other videos which I listen throughout the day, but for work reason I have many video samples in my Mobile Me account which I sometimes need to show to my clients. So at any time I want to be able to show my clients any of the videos which are stored on my account?

Or is there any other way. I was thinking like if I had a site with some space on it (Few GB), I could upload all my videos to this space and make a webpage which loads them in a way that the iPhone can play them. I sort of know how to do this, but I was actually looking for a Mobile Me solution, since I wouldn't want to spend more money on hosting.

Any Ideas?? Thanks for you help and tips!

2. Mikey B macrumors 65816

Mikey B

I don't know about videos, but if you download the Simplify client on to your desktop and put the Simplify app on you iPhone, you can stream your entire iTunes music library (and WinAmp).

3. The General macrumors 601

You do know that MobileMe comes with webhosting, right?

4. jciapara thread starter macrumors regular

Yes I think I read somewhere that if I had a domain I could link it to my MobileMe Account, but the implies buying a domain, is there a way to just access my iDisk via a Web Interface (like I do on my Laptop), and from there I can just open the .html files which have the Videos embedded?

5. Phil A. Moderator

Phil A.

Staff Member

If you open http://idisk.mac.com/membername where membername is your MobileMe member ID (without the @me.com), you will get a web interface to the contents of your iDisk, but I'm not sure if you can actually open any video files on there on your phone

6. jciapara thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah i tried that and I can see all my files, but as you say, I was unable to open the html files or any file for that matter. There should be a way to access these files apart from buying a domain that links my iDisk.

7. The General macrumors 601

No, it works. Go to http://idisk.mac.com/membername, find the video, tap the download link. It's a down arrow in a circle on the right side.

I am watching a video I have on my iDisk right now.

8. jciapara thread starter macrumors regular

When I click on the down arrow it shows a prohibited sign right next to the circle. :( How were you able to download it?? just by clicking on it?

9. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

Are you doing this on your iPhone? I've been able to do this fine on my PC, but not my iPhone.