Access Notification/Control Center From Any App?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Xelloj, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Xelloj, Oct 12, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2018

Xelloj macrumors newbie

Hey all,

So I see on Apple’s official documentation that you should be able to access the control center from any app instead of having to go back to your watch face every time.

“Touch and hold the bottom of the watch face. Wait for Control Center to show, then swipe up. You can open Control Center from any screen.”
    https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT206951

For some reason this doesn’t work for me. I’ve seen various articles on other websites saying this was added in v5.0 and it should work for the notification center as well (tap and hold the top of the screen for like 1.5 second until the notification center peaks from the edge and then swipe down to show from within any app) but it doesn’t work for that either.

Was this maybe in the 5.0 beta and removed before release or was it disabled for 5.0.1?

I’m not able to see any settings to enable/disable this feature and since it’s showing in the official docs I’m wondering if it works for you all and I’m doing something wrong or something else?

2. tromboneaholic Suspended

tromboneaholic

I just tried it. Control center pops up like the dock on iPad and Mac when you long press at the bottom of the screen.

I'm on the current WatchOS 5.0.1

Open Activity, and long press right where the white dots are at the bottom.

I didn't know about this before, but I'll probably forget about it to be honest. I don't usually have a need to use control center from an app.

3. musicpenguy macrumors 65832

It’s pretty amazing and use it quite a bit - now if only this worked while on a phone call so I could check how many LTE dots I have and my battery remaining :(

4. Xelloj thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, it’s showing now by long pressing at the top and bottom, works with Notification Center too, not sure what I was doing wrong before because I feel like I’m doing the same thing I tried earlier.