Access Permissions Problem - Logic X

Discussion in 'OS X El Capitan (10.11)' started by stringtheorist, Nov 22, 2015.

1. stringtheorist macrumors regular

When trying to save my Logic project files I get an error saying I do not have permission to do so. I can view, edit and play the files but not save them. I have done a right click on the Logic documents folder and Get Info, and checked the settings. It clearly shows that my account is set to read and write. Why then do I continue to get this error, and how can I fix it?

2. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

3. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, I've tried restarting. Not given the option to save to the desktop.

Thanks for the link.

4. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

make sure you click on the arrow next to the save location...and you should see access to more of your mac. you should be able to point the save to the desktop. and again, can you save to any other locations? is this one folder that you cannot save to?

5. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

OK Yes. I can save to the desktop using Save As.

6. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

then some permissions error on that folder; at the least, choose a workable place to save...and you can get back to the music..!

7. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

I've checked the permissions on the enclosing folder and it shows no conflict. :/

8. fisherking macrumors 601

fisherking

try moving the folder, or try placing an alias to that folder someplace that you can save to...

9. stringtheorist thread starter macrumors regular

OK, thanks. I figured it out. I'd shared the enclosing Music folder with another account but not checked "apply to enclosed items".