Access priority AirPort Express/Extreme

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by mammyss, Jul 13, 2012.

1. mammyss macrumors newbie

Hello all. Help me please. The situation is this. There are 15-20 people, constantly using the Internet with a single access point. This is a student residence, physical access to the access point is open.
    I want to be online with more speed. What can I do?
    Access point - Apple Airport Express (or Extreme).
    Does it make sense to put me in the same room (or any) access point "ripiter"?
    Can I set a higher priority access to the settings of an access point? How to access the settings menu?
    I want more speed.

Is there any QOS settings in the Apple Airport Express / Extreme?
    If I turn it on I will have absolute priority, that is, I can take a whole channel?
    Maybe there are other solutions to the problem?

Opportunities to communicate with your ISP does not. At 15 floors of the building are 15 different routers on the Internet 50mbit channel each. When everything comes from the Internet is almost 18-00 does not work. I want a stable internet. Alternatives do not at all. And I need to call her parents in another country for Skype - but I can not do it! I pray for help :)

2. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Wired Ethernet. It's your only choice.

When it comes to public access points, people are doing EVERYTHING. Surfing, VoIP, torrents, torrents, torrents, oh did I mention TORRENTS... there's no way to take priority over anyone unless you are the administrator of the access point.

3. mammyss thread starter macrumors newbie

I HAVE administration rights on Access Point

4. aarond12 macrumors 65816

aarond12

Sorry, I misunderstood. The Airport Extreme and Express do not have user-configurable QoS settings. You would be better off with another access point with user-configurable QoS. Pretty much any other access point other than Apple will do.