Access Siri on phone from watch

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ssls6, Apr 8, 2015.

1. ssls6 macrumors 6502a

ssls6

My iPhone integrates well with my hands free auto integration with one exception....I still need to press my phone power button to talk with Siri. Once I press the button then I hear Siri and give her commands. As a bonus my radio mutes.

It is my hope that the apple watch solves this problem of finding my phones home button. With the apple watch, I hold the crown and I hear Siri through my hands free auto integration. Do any of you think It will work this way or will the small watch speaker/mic be in control?

2. Tortri macrumors 6502a

Tortri

Makes you wonder if you can just pair just your Apple watch to the car radio and some how use your iPhones Internet to send msgs, etc.

Or say only your phone is paired to the car radio, when you activate Siri on the watch will it trigger Siri over the radio or the watch. (Kinda like you said above)

3. cwosigns macrumors 65816

What kind of car? In my Honda, as long as it's plugged in I can say "Hey Siri" and it will mute the car audio and I can interact with Siri.

4. ssls6 thread starter macrumors 6502a

ssls6

It's a ford and mine works the same but I don't plug my phone when I drive. I just need the watch to act like a Siri button.

5. iFanaddic macrumors 6502a

iFanaddic

I read somewhere that "hey siri" would be On at all time on Apple Watch