Access to auto complete/correct dictionary?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by eTip, May 28, 2011.

1. eTip macrumors 6502

Is there a Cydia solution or other way to acess the dictionary or whatever IOS uses for auto-complete and auto-correct?

It drives me nuts that it doesn't seem to learn from things I have typed 1000's of times. One example is my MacRumors user-id - it constantly tries to change it to something else. Same for my email address & countless other non-dictionary words.

My Blackberry (5 years ago) had a editable dictionary that not only fixed this problem but allowed you to type in shorthand acronyms for frequently used phrases and phrases. I made enough entries that I could basically type in LOL-speak and it would expand everything to full sentences. I would like to be able to get this functionality from my iPhone & iPad without having to cut & paste from a 3rd part app (have seen some apps that do this but you have to paste the completed text into email, etc.).

Yes, I know I can just turn autocorrect off but I like that it prevents me from making silly typos which I am prone to. And no, I am not a Blackberry fanboi (nor an Apple fanboi).

2. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

manual correct does this still lets you see you mistakes just works in the reverse you have to tap the "correction" to accept insteed of the the other way around

3. onefish2 macrumors member

onefish2