Access without SSH?

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Ke1ington, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Ke1ington macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Hey everybody. I just moved into my new apartment and only have access to the internet via MyWi. I had thought SSH would be possible with this method but I can't seem to get it to work.

Is there any other method I can use to transfer files? I've got some new icons recently and want to continue building my theme.

Also, its been a while and I'm having some trouble finding the location of the Icons folder within the file system. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

2. csnplt macrumors 6502

csnplt

Have you tried iPhone Explorer? It's a Mac (and Windows) app that connects to your iOS device over USB. That's one solution.

Another is to set up an Ad Hoc wifi network on your mac (Wifi Menu bar item -> Create Network). Once you do that, connect to the ad hoc network you created on your iPhone and then use SSH as you normally would.

Hope this helps.

EDIT: Rajani beat me to it :D iPhone Explorer is great.

3. Ke1ington thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Seems I jumped the gun on that question. I played around for a couple minutes and was able to use SSH over the MyWi connection.

Can anybody help with the file system question?

4. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

depends, if you're themeing with WinterBoard like you should the icons are in /var/stash/Themes.xxxx/your theme/Bundles

5. Ke1ington thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

I tried this location. I created a folder (com.apple.Icebird), renamed the icon "icon@2x.png" like the rest of the icons in the theme and dropped it in. A respring later the icon hasn't changed.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

6. WhatAmI macrumors 6502a

WhatAmI

What theme are you using?

1. Download AppInfo from Cydia
    2. Run AppInfo and select the app you want to theme
    3. Check in AppInfo that you're using the correct bundle-id and icon name

or go to http://iphone.xengi.net/cfbundleidentifier/ and pray that what's in the database is correct. It sometimes isn't =)

7. Ke1ington, Feb 8, 2011
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2011

Ke1ington thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ke1ington

Thanks again. I'll give a a shot.

Edit: bundle id and icon name are correct. Still no dice. Sucks they had to change to this bundle system. It was so much easier when you could just create an "Icons" folder and drop it into a theme.