Accessing a Mac from a PC

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by dziner007, Oct 31, 2011.

1. dziner007 macrumors newbie

I have a question, hopefully someone has an answer:

I need to use a Mac for a couple of hours and do some work in Keynote and Omnigraffle. I do have a Macbook but unfortunately it's not with me at the moment, and I won't have access to it for at least a few more weeks. A client needs some work done now, though.

I was wondering if there was an online service that could let me rent a "virtual" Mac desktop through online access from my PC and do the work that way. I did find one place online that seemed to do just that, but they are unable to get Keynote to work properly so far--Keynote isn't rendering images and seems to not have enough VRAM to run the program and presentations. I can see the thumbnails on the lefthand side but can't see any of the actual slides in the main area.

I've tried searching online for local places that rent computers by the hour (like Kinkos/FedEx does), but I can't find any that rent Macs...they only rent PCs (and the only place I found to do even that was Kinkos/FedEx). Computer rental companies only rent to businesses, not individuals. And even if they did, the cost is around $250, which I can't afford to spend right now.

Has anyone else had this issue (or know of someone who had this issue), and if so, do you have any suggestions as to what avenue I could take?

Thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

Can that MB of yours be connected to the internet, thus you could use it via TeamViewer?

3. dziner007 thread starter macrumors newbie

Unfortunately, no. It's off and I don't have anyone near it who could go get it, turn it on and connect it to the internet.

4. Bob Coxner macrumors 6502a

Leaving moral questions aside, Apple and Best Buy have 14 day no questions asked return policies.