Accessing company directory with Exchange

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ethos84, Nov 26, 2008.

1. ethos84 macrumors member

Hi guys

Got push working and syncing with calenders working fine....

Only think I can't do is browse/search the company directory. Saw a screenshot of "groups" on contacts but I don't seem to have this.

Syncing "contacts" is OFF, but this should be seperate from viewing the company directory surely...

Any ideas chaps? :)

2. jeffmc macrumors 6502

enable exchange contact syncing, then under the root contacts menu there's an option to browse your global address list.

3. ethos84 thread starter macrumors member

So it is that...

Shame, bit annoying you have to have them joined. I sync my iphone with my machine at home not work so to select that wipes all my current contacts off.

I'll bring them into work then ... :D

4. ethos84 thread starter macrumors member

Sweet, just imported them to work. Syncing fine now. Excellent :)

5. bkostelelecky macrumors newbie

I have a question, when switching the exchange contacts on, can I have multiple contact folders; one for personal and one for work (my exchange is through my work). And if so, are they separate or all in one list?

Thanks

6. M.Capz macrumors member

Ahhh, I wondered why the GAL wasn't showing up even though my mail and calender were syncing (Exchange).

Thanks!

7. memesmith macrumors regular

You CAN access your company's Global Address List on emails WITHOUT syncing exchange contacts. Just start typing the name of anyone in your company, and as long as you have a signal, you'll get a list of possible names to autocomplete.